Saturday, May 28, 2011

San Francisco Weekend

Very quickly after arriving in SD I accompanied my Goddaughters (and my BF, Christina, their mother) to San Francisco for a Girl Scouts of America graduation, called a Bridging Over ceremony. When my boys graduated from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, their Bridging Over ceremony was at the church and the boys walked over a small, man-made, wooden bridge about 5 feet across. The girls walked across the entire Golden Gate Bridge! Since I wasn't an official part of their GS Pack I didn't actually get to walk across the bridge with them. But we did see the sights and have some fun.


Lombard Street is always a must, of course, as is Alcatraz.








The weather was a bit overcast (shocker, right?) but the bridge itself is always the best.





We arrived Friday afternoon and road the cable cars - the girls loved it - and stopped by the top of Lombard St. We had dinner at Boudin's, the original bread maker, and stopped by Ghirradelli's (sp?) for a cone. The girls did their thing on Saturday and we wandered around again Saturday evening, leaving first thing Sunday morning.

While riding the boat back from Alcatraz, the wind was so strong I couldn't stand still enough to take decent photos - the camera was moving so much!


San Francisco is one of my favorite, all-time places! Being here with the girls was a good part of the visit...


I have to come back here again soon, with more time to relax!

No comments: